Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Today's "smooth stone" {1 SAMUEL 17:40}" JESUS', JESUS COMMANDS Us TO "Run hard and fast in the faith {2 TIMOTHY 6:12 + HOLY BIBLE + THE MESSAGE}." WednesDAY, August the Fourteenth, IN THE YEAR OF THE LORD JESUS 2024 23 They're created new every morning. How great your faithfulness!

    


16 "This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. + JOHN 3:16 + THE HOLY BIBLE + THE MESSAGE


“This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn’t go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person’s failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him.  + JOHN 3:16-18 + HOLY BIBLE ~ THE MESSAGE




  Ask for What You Need

1One day he was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said, “Master, teach us to pray just as John taught his disciples.”
2-4So he said, “When you pray, say,
Father,
Reveal who you are.
Set the world right.
Keep us alive with three square meals.
Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.
Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil.” + LUKE 11:1-4 - HOLY BIBLE - THE MESSAGE 

   Praise JESUS.
 


   
 

41Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42but few things are needed—or indeed only one. f Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.” {LUKE 10:41-42 + HOLY BIBLE + NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION}


1-2 God spoke to Moses: “Tell the Israelites to turn around and make camp at Pi Hahiroth, between Migdol and the sea. Camp on the shore of the sea opposite Baal Zephon. + EXODUS 14:1-2 + HOLY BIBLE + KING JAMES VERSION 
 


JESUS SAVES Us
 5he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, + TITUS 3:5-6 + HOLY BIBLE + NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION
 
  

 
       

  JESUS 

JOHN 20

Resurrection!
1-2Early in the morning on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene came to the tomb and saw that the stone was moved away from the entrance. She ran at once to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one Jesus loved, gasping for breath. “They took the Master from the tomb. We don’t know where they’ve put him.” + JOHN 20:1-2 + HOLY BIBLE + THE MESSAGE
 

       

JESUSTHANKS FOR HELPING Me.

     Praise JESUS.     


40 Then he took his staff in his hand, chose five smooth stones from the stream, put them in the pouch of his shepherd’s bag and, with his sling in his hand, approached the Philistine. + 1 SAMUEL 17:40 + HOLY BIBLE ~ THE MESSAGE
 

JESUS IS GOD {JOHN 1:1-5} 

JESUS IS LORD AND GOD {JOHN 20:28} 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 JESUS PREVIOUS "stone" {PROVERBS 27:3 + KING JAMES VERSION}.
 
     JESUS', JESUS COMMANDS...Love.
 
 
 
1 Watch what God does, and then you do it, like children who learn proper behavior from their parents.
2 Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that.
3 Don't allow love to turn into lust, setting off a downhill slide into sexual promiscuity, filthy practices, or bullying greed.
4 Though some tongues just love the taste of gossip, Christians have better uses for language than that. Don't talk dirty or silly. That kind of talk doesn't fit our style. Thanksgiving is our dialect.
5 You can be sure that using people or religion or things just for what you can get out of them - the usual variations on idolatry - will get you nowhere, and certainly nowhere near the kingdom of Christ, the kingdom of God.
6 Don't let yourselves get taken in by religious smooth talk. God gets furious with people who are full of religious sales talk but want nothing to do with him.
7 Don't even hang around people like that.
8 You groped your way through that murk once, but no longer. You're out in the open now. The bright light of Christ makes your way plain. So no more stumbling around. Get on with it!
9 The good, the right, the true - these are the actions appropriate for daylight hours.
10 Figure out what will please Christ, and then do it.
11 Don't waste your time on useless work, mere busywork, the barren pursuits of darkness. Expose these things for the sham they are.
12 It's a scandal when people waste their lives on things they must do in the darkness where no one will see.
13 Rip the cover off those frauds and see how attractive they look in the light of Christ.
14 Wake up from your sleep, Climb out of your coffins; Christ will show you the light!
15 So watch your step. Use your head.
16 Make the most of every chance you get. These are desperate times!
17 Don't live carelessly, unthinkingly. Make sure you understand what the Master wants.
18 Don't drink too much wine. That cheapens your life. Drink the Spirit of God, huge draughts of him.
19 Sing hymns instead of drinking songs! Sing songs from your heart to Christ.
20 Sing praises over everything, any excuse for a song to God the Father in the name of our Master, Jesus Christ.
21 Out of respect for Christ, be courteously reverent to one another.
22 Wives, understand and support your husbands in ways that show your support for Christ.
23 The husband provides leadership to his wife the way Christ does to his church, not by domineering but by cherishing.
24 So just as the church submits to Christ as he exercises such leadership, wives should likewise submit to their husbands.
25 Husbands, go all out in your love for your wives, exactly as Christ did for the church - a love marked by giving, not getting.
26 Christ's love makes the church whole. His words evoke her beauty. Everything he does and says is designed to bring the best out of her,
27 dressing her in dazzling white silk, radiant with holiness.
28 And that is how husbands ought to love their wives. They're really doing themselves a favor - since they're already "one" in marriage.
29 No one abuses his own body, does he? No, he feeds and pampers it. That's how Christ treats us, the church,
30 since we are part of his body.
31 And this is why a man leaves father and mother and cherishes his wife. No longer two, they become "one flesh."
32 This is a huge mystery, and I don't pretend to understand it all. What is clearest to me is the way Christ treats the church.
33 And this provides a good picture of how each husband is to treat his wife, loving himself in loving her, and how each wife is to honor her husband. + EPHESIANS 5 + HOLY BIBLE ~ THE MESSAGE


Today's "smooth stone" {1 SAMUEL 17:40}"

 JESUS', JESUS COMMANDS Us TO "Run hard and fast in the faith {2 TIMOTHY 6:12 + HOLY BIBLE + THE MESSAGE}." WednesDAY, August the Fourteenth, IN THE YEAR OF THE LORD JESUS 2024

 
1 I'm the man who has seen trouble, trouble coming from the lash of God's anger.
2 He took me by the hand and walked me into pitch-black darkness.
3 Yes, he's given me the back of his hand over and over and over again.
4 He turned me into a scarecrow of skin and bones, then broke the bones.
5 He hemmed me in, ganged up on me, poured on the trouble and hard times.
6 He locked me up in deep darkness, like a corpse nailed inside a coffin.
7 He shuts me in so I'll never get out, manacles my hands, shackles my feet.
8 Even when I cry out and plead for help, he locks up my prayers and throws away the key.
9 He sets up blockades with quarried limestone. He's got me cornered.
10 He's a prowling bear tracking me down, a lion in hiding ready to pounce.
11 He knocked me from the path and ripped me to pieces. When he finished, there was nothing left of me.
12 He took out his bow and arrows and used me for target practice.
13 He shot me in the stomach with arrows from his quiver.
14 Everyone took me for a joke, made me the butt of their mocking ballads.
15 He forced rotten, stinking food down my throat, bloated me with vile drinks.
16 He ground my face into the gravel. He pounded me into the mud.
17 I gave up on life altogether. I've forgotten what the good life is like.
18 I said to myself, "This is it. I'm finished. God is a lost cause." It's a Good Thing to Hope for Help from God
19 I'll never forget the trouble, the utter lostness, the taste of ashes, the poison I've swallowed.
20 I remember it all - oh, how well I remember - the feeling of hitting the bottom.
21 But there's one other thing I remember, and remembering, I keep a grip on hope:
22 God's loyal love couldn't have run out, his merciful love couldn't have dried up.
23 They're created new every morning. How great your faithfulness!
24 I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over). He's all I've got left.
25 God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits, to the woman who diligently seeks.
26 It's a good thing to quietly hope, quietly hope for help from God.
27 It's a good thing when you're young to stick it out through the hard times.
28 When life is heavy and hard to take, go off by yourself. Enter the silence.
29 Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions: Wait for hope to appear.
30 Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face. The "worst" is never the worst.
31 Why? Because the Master won't ever walk out and fail to return.
32 If he works severely, he also works tenderly. His stockpiles of loyal love are immense.
33 He takes no pleasure in making life hard, in throwing roadblocks in the way:
34 Stomping down hard on luckless prisoners,
35 Refusing justice to victims in the court of High God,
36 Tampering with evidence - the Master does not approve of such things. God Speaks Both Good Things and Hard Things into Being
37 Who do you think "spoke and it happened"? It's the Master who gives such orders.
38 Doesn't the High God speak everything, good things and hard things alike, into being?
39 And why would anyone gifted with life complain when punished for sin?
40 Let's take a good look at the way we're living and reorder our lives under God.
41 Let's lift our hearts and hands at one and the same time, praying to God in heaven:
42 "We've been contrary and willful, and you haven't forgiven.
43 "You lost your temper with us, holding nothing back. You chased us and cut us down without mercy.
44 You wrapped yourself in thick blankets of clouds so no prayers could get through.
45 You treated us like dirty dishwater, threw us out in the backyard of the nations.
46 "Our enemies shout abuse, their mouths full of derision, spitting invective.
47 We've been to hell and back. We've nowhere to turn, nowhere to go.
48 Rivers of tears pour from my eyes at the smashup of my dear people.
49 "The tears stream from my eyes, an artesian well of tears,
50 Until you, God, look down from on high, look and see my tears.
51 When I see what's happened to the young women in the city, the pain breaks my heart.
52 "Enemies with no reason to be enemies hunted me down like a bird.
53 They threw me into a pit, then pelted me with stones.
54 Then the rains came and filled the pit. The water rose over my head. I said, 'It's all over.'
55 "I called out your name, O God, called from the bottom of the pit.
56 You listened when I called out, 'Don't shut your ears! Get me out of here! Save me!'
57 You came close when I called out. You said, 'It's going to be all right.'
58 "You took my side, Master; you brought me back alive!
59 God, you saw the wrongs heaped on me. Give me my day in court!
60 Yes, you saw their mean-minded schemes, their plots to destroy me.
61 "You heard, God, their vicious gossip, their behind-my-back plots to ruin me.
62 They never quit, these enemies of mine, dreaming up mischief, hatching out malice, day after day after day.
63 Sitting down or standing up - just look at them! - they mock me with vulgar doggerel.
64 "Make them pay for what they've done, God. Give them their just deserts.
65 Break their miserable hearts! Damn their eyes!
66 Get good and angry. Hunt them down. Make a total demolition here under your heaven!" + LAMENTATIONS 3 + THE HOLY BIBLE + THE MESSAGE 
      
   

~~~ JESUS', JESUS ~~~


 

1Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him. 2And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.
The Lost Sheep
3And he spake this parable unto them, saying, 4What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? 5And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. 7I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance. + LUKE 15:1-7 + HOLY BIBLE + KING JAMES VERSION

   

      
   

~~~ JESUS', JESUS ~~~


   

 
 
 
 
 
Praise My LORD AND My GOD {JOHN 20:28}, JESUS!!!!!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~
 


 
  
JESUS', JESUS COMMANDS Us TO....Love

John 7

 
1 Later Jesus was going about his business in Galilee. He didn't want to travel in Judea because the Jews there were looking for a chance to kill him.
2 It was near the time of Tabernacles, a feast observed annually by the Jews.
3 His brothers said, "Why don't you leave here and go up to the Feast so your disciples can get a good look at the works you do?
4 No one who intends to be publicly known does everything behind the scenes. If you're serious about what you are doing, come out in the open and show the world."
5 His brothers were pushing him like this because they didn't believe in him either.
6 Jesus came back at them, "Don't crowd me. This isn't my time. It's your time - it's always your time; you have nothing to lose.
7 The world has nothing against you, but it's up in arms against me. It's against me because I expose the evil behind its pretensions.
8 You go ahead, go up to the Feast. Don't wait for me. I'm not ready. It's not the right time for me."
9 He said this and stayed on in Galilee.
10 But later, after his family had gone up to the Feast, he also went. But he kept out of the way, careful not to draw attention to himself.
11 The Jews were already out looking for him, asking around, "Where is that man?"
12 There was a lot of contentious talk about him circulating through the crowds. Some were saying, "He's a good man." But others said, "Not so. He's selling snake oil."
13 This kind of talk went on in guarded whispers because of the intimidating Jewish leaders.
14 With the Feast already half over, Jesus showed up in the Temple, teaching.
15 The Jews were impressed, but puzzled: "How does he know so much without being schooled?"
16 Jesus said, "I didn't make this up. What I teach comes from the One who sent me.
17 Anyone who wants to do his will can test this teaching and know whether it's from God or whether I'm making it up.
18 A person making things up tries to make himself look good. But someone trying to honor the one who sent him sticks to the facts and doesn't tamper with reality.
19 It was Moses, wasn't it, who gave you God's Law? But none of you are living it. So why are you trying to kill me?"
20 The crowd said, "You're crazy! Who's trying to kill you? You're demon-possessed."
21 Jesus said, "I did one miraculous thing a few months ago, and you're still standing around getting all upset, wondering what I'm up to.
22 Moses prescribed circumcision - originally it came not from Moses but from his ancestors - and so you circumcise a man, dealing with one part of his body, even if it's the Sabbath.
23 You do this in order to preserve one item in the Law of Moses. So why are you upset with me because I made a man's whole body well on the Sabbath?
24 Don't be nitpickers; use your head - and heart! - to discern what is right, to test what is authentically right."
25 That's when some of the people of Jerusalem said, "Isn't this the one they were out to kill?
26 And here he is out in the open, saying whatever he pleases, and no one is stopping him. Could it be that the rulers know that he is, in fact, the Messiah?
27 And yet we know where this man came from. The Messiah is going to come out of nowhere. Nobody is going to know where he comes from."
28 That provoked Jesus, who was teaching in the Temple, to cry out, "Yes, you think you know me and where I'm from, but that's not where I'm from. I didn't set myself up in business. My true origin is in the One who sent me, and you don't know him at all.
29 I come from him - that's how I know him. He sent me here."
30 They were looking for a way to arrest him, but not a hand was laid on him because it wasn't yet God's time.
31 Many from the crowd committed themselves in faith to him, saying, "Will the Messiah, when he comes, provide better or more convincing evidence than this?"
32 The Pharisees, alarmed at this seditious undertow going through the crowd, teamed up with the high priests and sent their police to arrest him.
33 Jesus rebuffed them: "I am with you only a short time. Then I go on to the One who sent me.
34 You will look for me, but you won't find me. Where I am, you can't come."
35 The Jews put their heads together. "Where do you think he is going that we won't be able to find him? Do you think he is about to travel to the Greek world to teach the Jews?
36 What is he talking about, anyway: 'You will look for me, but you won't find me,' and 'Where I am, you can't come'?"
37 On the final and climactic day of the Feast, Jesus took his stand. He cried out, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink.
38 Rivers of living water will brim and spill out of the depths of anyone who believes in me this way, just as the Scripture says."
39 (He said this in regard to the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were about to receive. The Spirit had not yet been given because Jesus had not yet been glorified.)
40 Those in the crowd who heard these words were saying, "This has to be the Prophet."
41 Others said, "He is the Messiah!" But others were saying, "The Messiah doesn't come from Galilee, does he?
42 Don't the Scriptures tell us that the Messiah comes from David's line and from Bethlehem, David's village?"
43 So there was a split in the crowd over him.
44 Some went so far as wanting to arrest him, but no one laid a hand on him.
45 That's when the Temple police reported back to the high priests and Pharisees, who demanded, "Why didn't you bring him with you?"
46 The police answered, "Have you heard the way he talks? We've never heard anyone speak like this man."
47 The Pharisees said, "Are you carried away like the rest of the rabble?
48 You don't see any of the leaders believing in him, do you? Or any from the Pharisees?
49 It's only this crowd, ignorant of God's Law, that is taken in by him - and damned."
50 Nicodemus, the man who had come to Jesus earlier and was both a ruler and a Pharisee, spoke up.
51 "Does our Law decide about a man's guilt without first listening to him and finding out what he is doing?"
52 But they cut him off. "Are you also campaigning for the Galilean?
53 Examine the evidence. See if any prophet ever comes from Galilee." Then they all went home. + JOHN 7 + THE HOLY BIBLE + MESSAGE  



    
JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD  
   
 JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD

 
  

Plots Against Saul

19-21 Saul spent a few days getting acquainted with the Damascus disciples, but then went right to work, wasting no time, preaching in the meeting places that this Jesus was the Son of God. They were caught off guard by this and, not at all sure they could trust him, they kept saying, “Isn’t this the man who wreaked havoc in Jerusalem among the believers? And didn’t he come here to do the same thing—arrest us and drag us off to jail in Jerusalem for sentencing by the high priests?”

 + ACTS 9:17 + HOLY BIBLE ~ THE MESSAGE
JESUS, Thank YOU FOR HEALING me.

16For God so loved the world that He gave His one and onlye Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. + JOHN 3:16 + HOLY BIBLE + BEREAN STANDARD BIBLE
     

 
     Praise JESUS. 

      JESUS, Thank YOU FOR HELPING me.   
 
  "Dear children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen. {1 JOHN 5:21 + HOLY BIBLE + NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION}"The grace of the Master Jesus be with all of you. Oh, Yes! {REVELATION 22:21 + THE HOLY BIBLE + THE MESSAGE}"


 


At the crack of dawn on Sunday, the women came to the tomb carrying the burial spices they had prepared. They found the entrance stone rolled back from the tomb, so they walked in. But once inside, they couldn’t find the body of the Master Jesus. + LUKE 24:1-3 + HOLY BIBLE + THE MESSAGE



 
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. + JOHN 3:16 + HOLY BIBLE + ENGLISH STANDARD VERSION
 
 
Return to Jerusalem
33 And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them, 34saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.  

46 and said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And ye are witnesses of these things. 49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
50And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them. 51 And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven. 52 And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy: 53 and were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God. Amen. + LUKE 24:33-34, 46-53 - HOLY BIBLE - KING JAMES VERSION

Then he took his staff in his hand, chose five smooth stones from the stream, put them in the pouch of his shepherd’s bag and, with his sling in his hand, approached the Philistine. + 1 SAMUEL 17:40 + HOLY BIBLE + NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION
JESUS' "five smooth stones {1 SAMUEL 17:40}" 
JESUS IS GOD {JOHN 1:1-5}
 
 
JESUS', JESUS COMMANDS Us TO....Love.  

~~~~~~~

JESUS', JESUS COMMANDS Us TO "Run hard and fast in the faith {2 TIMOTHY 6:12 + HOLY BIBLE + THE MESSAGE}." ThursDAY, August the Fifteenth, IN THE YEAR OF THE LORD JESUS 2024
 

Genesis 1

Heaven and Earth
1-2First this: God created the Heavens and Earth—all you see, all you don’t see. Earth was a soup of nothingness, a bottomless emptiness, an inky blackness. God’s Spirit brooded like a bird above the watery abyss.
3-5God spoke: “Light!”
And light appeared.
God saw that light was good
and separated light from dark.
God named the light Day,
he named the dark Night.
It was evening, it was morning—
Day One. ~ GENESIS 1:1-2, + HOLY BIBLE + THE MESSAGE


JESUS', JESUS COMMANDS Us TO "Run hard and fast in the faith {2 TIMOTHY 6:12 + HOLY BIBLE + THE MESSAGE}." FriDAY, August the Sixteenth, IN THE YEAR OF THE LORD JESUS 2024

The grace of the Master Jesus be with all of you. Oh, Yes! + REVELATION 22:21 + HOLY BIBLE ~ THE MESSAGE


JESUS', JESUS COMMANDS Us TO "Run hard and fast in the faith {2 TIMOTHY 6:12 + HOLY BIBLE + THE MESSAGE}." MonDAY, August the Nineteenth, IN THE YEAR OF THE LORD JESUS 2024


 
1 Children, do what your parents tell you. This is only right.
2 "Honor your father and mother" is the first commandment that has a promise attached to it, namely,
3 "so you will live well and have a long life."
4 Fathers, don't exasperate your children by coming down hard on them. Take them by the hand and lead them in the way of the Master.
5 Servants, respectfully obey your earthly masters but always with an eye to obeying the real master, Christ. + EPHESIANS 6:1-5 + THE HOLY BIBLE ~ THE MESSAGE



JESUS', JESUS COMMANDS Us TO "Run hard and fast in the faith {2 TIMOTHY 6:12 + HOLY BIBLE + THE MESSAGE}." TuesDAY, August the Twentieth, IN THE YEAR OF THE LORD JESUS 2024

1 God spoke to Moses:.... + EXODUS 14:14 + THE HOLY BIBLE + THE MESSAGE




JESUS', JESUS COMMANDS Us TO "Run hard and fast in the faith {2 TIMOTHY 6:12 + HOLY BIBLE + THE MESSAGE}." WednesDAY, August the Twenty+FIRST, IN THE YEAR OF THE LORD JESUS 2024

Interesting - they have verified the truth of their own Scriptures where it is written, 'They hated me for no good reason.' + JOHN 15:25 + THE HOLY BIBLE ~ THE MESSAGE








"Praise GOD, BEAUTIFUL." 

The grace of the Master Jesus be with all of you. Oh, Yes! + REVELATION 22:21 + THE HOLY BIBLE ~ THE MESSAGE


All SCRIPTURES ARE FROM THE NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.

* NOTE: SCRIPTURES RECEIVED FROM BIBLEHUB.com, AND BIBLEGATEWAY.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment